教育Master of Education (Teaching and Learning)
- 课程级别：硕士学位/Master's Degree（9级）
- 学费：$27,770 NZD Per Year
- 授课校区：Massey University
- Your philosophy as a teacher or educator
- Classroom practice that caters for learners’ needs
- Equitable classroom practices including literacies, cultural diversity and inclusion
- Your capacity to be informed by scholarly work and to integrate it meaningfully into your own practice.
- Early childhood teacher
- Primary school teacher
- Secondary school teacher
- Education adviser
- Tertiary lecturer
- meet the University admission requirements as specified, and shall have:
- been awarded or qualified for the Bachelor of Education with a grade average in the highest level courses of at least a B, or equivalent; or
- been awarded or qualified for any other Bachelors degree with a grade average in the highest level courses of at least a B, or equivalent, and hold a professional qualification in teaching; or
- been awarded or qualified for any other Bachelors degree with a grade average in the highest level courses of at least a B, or equivalent, and have professional experience relevant to the intended postgraduate subject; or
- been awarded a Postgraduate Diploma in Education, or equivalent, with a grade average across all courses of at least B (Coursework pathway) or at least a B+ (Research pathway).
- IELTS score of 6.5 (no band less than 6.0)
- TOEFL iBT score of 90 overall (min 20 in Writing)
- PTE Academic score of 58 Overall (min 50 in communicative skills)
- Cambridge English score of 180
Enhance your career with deep insights into the learning process
A Master of Education (Teaching and Learning) will allow you to focus on aspects of teaching and learning important to you.
What is it Like?
A deep understanding of the principles and practices of effective learning and teaching is at the core of what it means to be an effective teacher and learner. The Master of Education (Teaching and Learning) is an advanced-level professional degree focused on providing a platform for teachers and other educational professionals to consider, reflect on and change what they do in relation to important elements of their work: curriculum, teaching, learning and assessment. This programme is designed to develop:
Learn, teach and motivate
An MEd (Teaching and Learning) can lead to numerous opportunities, professionally and in voluntary positions in the community. Your skills and specialist teaching knowledge will always be highly valued.
Where will your skills take you with an MEd (Teaching and Learning)?
Your skills will be in demand! Our graduates who hold recognised teaching qualifications work in many educational areas (or pursue career paths) such as:
Our graduates also work in areas such as:
Coursework (Professional Inquiry) pathway:
Students must complete at least 90 credits from this subject schedule. An additional 30 credits may be selected from the Elective Schedule for the MEd or any of the other subject schedules (including Teaching and Learning). All students must complete one 15 credit research methods course and the 45 credit Professional Inquiry course. The focus of the Professional Inquiry should be in the subject area.
It is recommended that the subject courses, excluding research methods, are completed first.
To progress to Part Two students must achieve a minimum B grade average in the first 120 credits of courses.
Research (Thesis) pathway:
Students must complete 60 credits from the subject schedule, including the compulsory courses, two 15 credit research methods courses, and a 90 credit Thesis. The focus of the Thesis should be in the subject area.
Students admitted with a Postgraduate Diploma in Education completing a 120 credit Master of Education must complete within one year of first enrolling for full-time study or within three years of first enrolling for part-time study to be eligible for the award of Merit/Distinction. The maximum completion timeframe for the 120 credit Master of Education is four years.
Before enrolling for this Degree, you shall:
English language requirements: