Master of Science (Animal Science)
- 课程级别：硕士学位/Master's Degree（9级）
- 学费：$37,400 NZD Per Year
- 授课校区：Massey University
- As a research associates at Crown Research Institutes such as AgResearch
- Sales and technical reps for feed companies and feed manufacturers
- Consultants and advisors to farmers or industry bodies such as Beef+Lamb or DairyNZ
- Laboratory and on-farm technicians
- In biosecurity/customs roles
- Wildlife conservation
- With the Ministry of Primary Industries in a policy or advisory role
- Sales and technical representatives for equipment manufacturers (e.g., milking machines)
- Providing specialist animal services
- Animal welfare consultant
- Technical institute tutor
- a Bachelor of Science degree, or close equivalent, with a major in Animal Science, with a minimum B average in the majoring 300 level courses; or
- a bachelor degree followed by a Graduate Diploma of Science or close equivalent, in Animal Science, with a minimum B average in the majoring 300 level courses.
- a Bachelor of Science (Honours) with an endorsement in Animal Science; or
- a Postgraduate Diploma in Science with an endorsement in Animal Science
- IELTS score of 6.5 (no band less than 6.0)
- TOEFL iBT score of 90 overall (min 20 in Writing)
- PTE Academic score of 58 Overall (min 50 in communicative skills)
- Cambridge English score of 180
Stand out from the crowd
The Master of Science will allow you to stand out from other animal science graduates
Massey’s Master of Science (Animal Science) will allow you to make a major contribution to animal science.
Whether you want to take a first step in a research career or would like a specialised role in livestock or animal industries, a MSc (Animal Science) will give you the skills you need.
A wide range of Specialties
Animal science is a broad subject and you could engage in study and research in one of many subjects from livestock production, genetics, nutrition, reproductive physiology, lactation, animal behaviour and welfare.
Develop specialised knowledge
A master’s builds your capability in sourcing, generating and interpreting quality information to make informed decisions. You’ll develop specialised knowledge in your chosen field.
Massey University provides an excellent environment for your animal science masters. We have an active research programme in many areas of applied and theoretical aspects of animal science and much of this is funded by industry. This means as a master’s student you have the opportunity to research a relevant issue and generate solutions for the real world.
Join a world-leading agricultural university
Massey University’s proud record in land-based study dates back to 1927 when we offered New Zealand’s first degrees in agriculture.
Massey is world-ranked and New Zealand’s No 1 university in agriculture according to the QS (Quacquarelli Symonds) rankings. We are also ranked in the top 150 universities worldwide for agriculture by the Shanghai Ranking's Global Ranking of Academic Subjects.
Massey University’s veterinary school has been ranked first in the world by employers in the Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) ranking. We are ranked no.15 for our veterinary science programme.
Why postgraduate study?
Postgraduate study is hard work but hugely rewarding and empowering. The Master of Science (Animal Science) will push you to produce your best creative, strategic and theoretical ideas. The workload replicates the high-pressure environment of senior workplace roles. Our experts are there to guide but if you have come from undergraduate study, you will find that postgraduate study demands more in-depth and independent study.
Potential careers after completing a Master of Science with a major in animal science include:
Sought after by employers
International trends are for employers to reward postgraduate study well, especially in larger enterprises. The skills you learn are increasingly recognised as setting you apart from other potential employees.
You will follow a parts-based course of study, which shall consist of courses totalling at least 180 credits, comprising Part One and Part Two as defined by the Courses Schedule.
Admission to the Master of Science (180 or 240 credits) requires you to have
Admission to the 120 credit Master of Science requires you to have a minimum B average for either of the following:
English language requirements:
= 新西兰小学申请问题集 =