Master of Science (Mathematics)
- 课程级别：硕士学位/Master's Degree（9级）
- 学费：$28,380 NZD Per Year
- 授课校区：Massey University
- Earnings and employment rates increase with the level of qualification completed
- Five years after leaving study, most young domestic graduates will be earning above the national median earnings
- Young masters graduates earn 86 per cent more than the national median
- Good careers are associated with better health, better wellbeing and more satisfying lives
- a Bachelor of Science degree, or close equivalent, with a major in Mathematics, with a minimum B average in the majoring 300 level courses; or
- a bachelor degree followed by a Graduate Diploma of Science or close equivalent, in Mathematics, with a minimum B average in the majoring 300 level courses.
- a Bachelor of Science (Honours) with an endorsement in Mathematics; or
- a Postgraduate Diploma in Science with an endorsement in Mathematics
- IELTS score of 6.5 (no band less than 6.0)
- TOEFL iBT score of 90 overall (min 20 in Writing)
- PTE Academic score of 58 Overall (min 50 in communicative skills)
- Cambridge English score of 180
WHAT IS IT LIKE?
Massey University’s Master of Science with a major in mathematics is a prestigious qualification for those that are interested in progressing to further, in-depth research. This postgraduate qualification will also give you a career advantage.
Join some of New Zealand’s leading mathematicians to develop your mathematics expertise to a higher level.
Gain a deeper understanding
The Master of Science (Mathematics) will extend your studies of mathematics from your undergraduate degree. You'll gain a deeper understanding of the mathematics you encountered there, as well as learn about new and exciting areas of mathematics. You'll work closely with your lecturers and fellow students in small classes, and undertake a 30 credit year-long project. The project will be your chance to delve even deeper into a topic of your choosing, and perhaps even make your own original contribution to this body of knowledge. It'll be a challenge - but it'll be worth it.
Let our experts help you develop your own expertise.
Massey’s mathematics lecturers have an extensive range of experience and expertise across the field of mathematics.
Our groups have a particular strength in the theory and application of differential equations, with many staff at both the Auckland and Manawatu campuses working in the areas of dynamical systems, numerical solution of ordinary and partial differential equations, and modelling of physical systems. Our mathematical modellers are actively contributing to the study of epidemiology, celestial mechanics, hydrothermal eruptions, and biological and industrial processes.
Other areas of strength include modern analysis, geometry and number theory at Auckland and topology and combinatorics at Manawatu.
Mathematics. It's what makes everything work.
From securing sensitive communications using cryptography, to calculating the orbit of a satellite, mathematics is the most fundamental of the tools we use to comprehend and shape the world around us. Some have even called it the "language of the universe". Be that as it may, at heart it's still a product of human creativity and ingenuity - the creation of people like you and me. And there's still plenty left to be discovered and invented.
A Ministry of Education report found that:
You will follow a parts-based course of study, which shall consist of courses totalling at least 180 credits, comprising Part One and Part Two as defined by the Courses Schedule.
Admission to the Master of Science (180 or 240 credits) requires you to have
Admission to the 120 credit Master of Science requires you to have a minimum B average for either of the following:
English language requirements: