Master of Science (Microbiology)
- 课程级别：硕士学位/Master's Degree（9级）
- 学费：$34,050 NZD Per Year
- 授课校区：Massey University
- improve safety and success of food and beverage production and fermentation
- help prevent infectious diseases through development of novel antibiotics and vaccines
- use of “good” microbes in prebiotics or probiotics, or microbial community [A1] transplantation between patients.
- Help treat diseases such as inflammation, allergy, neurological disorders, diabetes and even cancer. Through comparing diversity and composition of gut microbial communities between people, we may better understand and treat these diseases, that are not typically considered related to microbes,
- Have an environmental impact through creating alternative ways to produce fuel, or by increased ability to mitigate the greenhouse gas emission by working with the microbes in the cattle rumen.
- Quality control
- Research, and
- Product development
- a Bachelor of Science degree, or close equivalent, with a major in Microbiology, with a minimum B average in the majoring 300 level courses; or
- a bachelor degree followed by a Graduate Diploma of Science or close equivalent, in Microbiology, with a minimum B average in the majoring 300 level courses.
- a Bachelor of Science (Honours) with an endorsement in Microbiology; or
- a Postgraduate Diploma in Science with an endorsement in Microbiology
- IELTS score of 6.5 (no band less than 6.0)
- TOEFL iBT score of 90 overall (min 20 in Writing)
- PTE Academic score of 58 Overall (min 50 in communicative skills)
- Cambridge English score of 180
Unique in New Zealand
The breadth and depth of Massey University’s postgraduate microbiology programme is unique in New Zealand.
WHAT IS IT LIKE?
The Massey University Master of Science (Microbiology) is a multi-disciplinary postgraduate qualification that will give you the research skills to move up the hierarchy of your career, or move onto more in-depth research.
An essential science
Microbiology is an essential science that helps us understand the microbes in the environment, including those that dwell in the soil, air and water, in our food and inside people, animals and plants.
Understanding microbiology can:
You will gain the advantage of learning in a multi-disciplinary environment. Massey has world-leading expertise in many areas of science, especially veterinary, animal, health and environmental science. You can take advantage of this for your learning and research to look at microbiological sub-disciplines, such as environment/ecology, food and biotechnology.
Let our expertise become yours
You will learn from world-leading specialists in microbiology and related areas like biochemistry, biotechnology, immunology and epidemiology.
At Massey we use a diverse range of molecular, cellular, plant and animal model tools to investigate the molecular biology of diseases. We also use metagenomics and other advanced genomic technologies to study microbial communities in the environment, including those that may be health threat if found in food or medical environments.
Our biomedical interests are diverse. We research the mechanisms of neurological, skeletal and muscular disorders, infectious microbial diseases and cancer.
If you are interested in pursuing further research, microbiology is a key discipline of biological sciences. Microbiology research skills are particularly suited for work in the research or teaching institutions in the fields of biomedicine, bioprotection, biotechnology, epidemiology, veterinary and plant pathology.
There are also roles in the legal or business sectors, for instance assisting with the commercialization of science, drafting of patents and technology transfer agreements.
Dairy, food, pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries are key employers, however there are numerous other opportunities in cosmetics, breweries, food and oil industries, horticulture, and agriculture. Government and private sectors provide opportunities for bioprotection, regulatory, sample testing or diagnostic laboratory positions.
Positions in industry include:
Admission to the Master of Science (180 or 240 credits) requires you to have
Admission to the 120 credit Master of Science requires you to have a minimum B average for either of the following:
English language requirements:
= 新西兰小学申请问题集 =