Master of Science (Plant Biology)
- 课程级别：硕士学位/Master's Degree（9级）
- 学费：$37,400 NZD Per Year
- 授课校区：Massey University
- Evolution of plant genomes
- Molecular development of plants
- Population genetics and conservation genetics of native plants
- a Bachelor of Science degree, or close equivalent, with a major in Plant Biology or Plant Science, with a minimum B average in the majoring 300 level courses; or
- a bachelor degree followed by a Graduate Diploma of Science or close equivalent, in Plant Biology or Plant Science, with a minimum B average in the majoring 300 level courses.
- a Bachelor of Science (Honours) with an endorsement in Plant Biology; or
- a Postgraduate Diploma in Science with an endorsement in Plant Biology
- IELTS score of 6.5 (no band less than 6.0)
- TOEFL iBT score of 90 overall (min 20 in Writing)
- PTE Academic score of 58 Overall (min 50 in communicative skills)
- Cambridge English score of 180
Make a difference
From protecting our native biodiversity to identifying key traits to improve crop plants in an ever-changing climate, plant biology research can solve the world’s major global issues.
WHAT IS IT LIKE?
Massey’s Master of Science (Plant Biology) will give you the knowledge and skills to understand and help solve some of the world’s most important current issues, such as the effects of climate change on our native species and crop plants, how to preserve native biodiversity, and understanding fundamental physiological aspects of plants.
You will build upon your undergraduate degree and conduct original, independent research under the guidance of a leading plant science academic.
Expertise in an area of your choice
The plant biology team at Massey has expertise in plant molecular biology, evolutionary biology, systematics and taxonomy, and plant physiology. During the course of your studies you can choose to further your knowledge and apply your learning on an exciting research project such as:
Take advantage of our globally-renowned expertise
Let our experts help you develop your own expertise. You will learn from, and research with, highly-skilled internationally-recognised and active researchers in plant biology and related areas, with a huge depth of knowledge and experience. Postgraduate study and research in plant biology at Massey spans evolutionary biology to physiology. You will have the opportunity to learn about the fundamental aspects of plant growth and function, as well as the molecular evolution and classification (systematics) of plants. You might choose to conduct research focused on the native New Zealand flora or a model organism, like Arabidopsis thaliana, or even a crop species.
You will also be able to take advantage of Massey’s expertise across the sciences. We have a wide and relevant group of expertise within the university, from fundamental sciences like microbiology and biochemistry, to agriculture, engineering, horticulture and environmental management.
This means no matter what your research interest you will have access to a broad range of experts to assist you develop your own research.
There is a steady demand for plant biologists. As a plant biology graduate, you will have a wide range of career opportunities, including both pure and applied research. Students often find employment at research institutes such as Plant & Food Research, AgResearch, Scion, and Land care Research. Other graduates have found employment with the Department of Conservation and regional authorities.
You may also find employment in primary and secondary teaching, technical work, business, and in the media. Other possible careers include science management, administration, and science policy.
You will follow a parts-based course of study, which shall consist of courses totalling at least 180 credits, comprising Part One and Part Two as defined by the Courses Schedule.
Admission to the Master of Science (180 or 240 credits) requires you to have
Admission to the 120 credit Master of Science requires you to have a minimum B average for either of the following:
English language requirements:
= 新西兰小学申请问题集 =