Master of Science (Statistics)
- 课程级别：硕士学位/Master's Degree（9级）
- 学费：$28,380 NZD Per Year
- 授课校区：Massey University
- Business: economics, engineering, marketing, computer science, data mining, business analytics
- Physical sciences: astronomy, chemistry, physics
- Health and medicine: genetics, clinical trials, epidemiology, pharmacology
- Government: census, law, national defence
- Environment: agriculture, ecology, forestry, animal populations
- a Bachelor of Science degree, or close equivalent, with a major in Statistics, with a minimum B average in the majoring 300 level courses; or
- a bachelor degree followed by a Graduate Diploma of Science or close equivalent, in Statistics, with a minimum B average in the majoring 300 level courses.
- a Bachelor of Science (Honours) with an endorsement in Statistics; or
- a Postgraduate Diploma in Science with an endorsement in Statistics
- IELTS score of 6.5 (no band less than 6.0)
- TOEFL iBT score of 90 overall (min 20 in Writing)
- PTE Academic score of 58 Overall (min 50 in communicative skills)
- Cambridge English score of 180
Making sense of the world
The explosion of information and data available to the world has made those who can interpret it indispensable.
The Master of Science (Statistics) will teach you the key theories of statistics and the quantitative skills to conduct robust statistical analyses that are effective in the real world. It is most appropriate if you are passionate about statistics and wish to move on to further in-depth research.
Science of evidence
Statistics is the science of evidence. It allows us to quantify risk and make effective decisions even when we are uncertain about the world around us. Is this new treatment effective against breast cancer? What advertisements should my website display in order to increase my revenue? How can I better interpret that weak distress signal coming from a vessel far out at sea?
Learn from the experts
Your lecturers in the Master of Science (Statistics) are experts in their field, leading international statistical research.
Friendly environment - passionate scientists
There is a well-established community of fundamental scientists and students at Massey. We have large active student groups where we work together to share discoveries and research and provide peer support.
It’s a great time to be a statistician! ‘Big Data’ has opened up a huge range of career opportunities for those who are talented in working with figures. Statistics skills can be applied in almost any industry.
Some key industries include:
The extra quantitative skills that you get from the statistics qualification can set you apart from other graduates when applying for jobs.
You will follow a parts-based course of study, which shall consist of courses totalling at least 180 credits, comprising Part One and Part Two as defined by the Courses Schedule.
Admission to the Master of Science (180 or 240 credits) requires you to have
Admission to the 120 credit Master of Science requires you to have a minimum B average for either of the following:
English language requirements:
= 新西兰小学申请问题集 =