Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Linguistics
- 学费：$28,380 NZD Per Year
- 授课校区：Massey University
- Online second-language communities
- Distance/online language learning
- Sociocultural adjustment of international students and their teachers to their presence in New Zealand universities
- Language learning and emotion
- Oral proficiency
- Heritage language learning
- Mother tongue maintenance
- 272.702 Second Language Learning Theories and Processes
- 272.703 Contemporary Approaches to Language Teaching Methodology
- 272.704 Contextualising Curriculum and Materials Design
- 272.715 Current Issues in Applied Linguistics
- a completed Bachelor’s degree AND
- at least one full-time year of relevant teaching experience (or equivalent)
- IELTS score of 6.5 (no band less than 6.0)
- TOEFL iBT score of 90 overall (min 20 in Writing)
- PTE Academic score of 58 Overall (min 50 in communicative skills)
- Cambridge English score of 180
Making language teaching work in a multilingual world
Massey’s Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Linguistics will meet your professional and research needs.
What is it Like?
The Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Linguistics provides professionals in all areas of second-language teaching, including Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL), with a qualification that meets their specific combination of professional and research needs. This combination is increasingly important in both domestic and international settings.
Get real-world skills
You’ll use theories, methods and problem-based approaches that address real-world language issues. The Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Linguistics focuses on second-language acquisition, teaching and language use in an increasingly globalised and digitally mediated world.
Explore areas such as contextually relevant teaching of languages, reflective practices to enhance teaching and learning, and the sociocultural demands of language learning and teaching.
Learn from the experts
You’ll be taught by distinguished educators who have researched in areas such as:
The Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Linguistics will prepare you for a career in areas such as language teaching, research or practice in national or international multilingual contexts. You’ll be supporting those who operate in multilingual contexts, such as migrants and former refugees, and international students in New Zealand. Our graduates are employed as educators, consultants and practitioners.
If you want to take on the challenge of master’s study, you can apply for a Master of Applied Linguistics.
120 credits selected from the Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Linguistics schedule listed below.
All courses are 30 credits each unless otherwise indicated.
Students must have:
English language requirements: