Postgraduate Diploma in Arts (Social Anthropology)
- 学费：$28,380 NZD Per Year
- 授课校区：Auckland Campus
- Human rights and social justice
- Social work
- Social and commercial research
- Business and industry
- Government, diplomacy and policy
- Foreign affairs
- Overseas aid and development agencies
- Health care
- Non-profit management
- Environmental issues
- Museum curation
- Art and heritage work
- 146.701 Contemporary Approaches in Anthropological Theory
- 146.703 The Practice of Anthropology
- 146.798 Research Report (60)
- 146.799 Research Report (30)
- Bachelor of Arts degree, with a major in Social Anthropology
- Bachelor’s degree with a minor in Social Anthropology, followed by a Graduate Certificate in Arts endorsed in Social Anthropology
- Bachelor’s degree, followed by a Graduate Diploma in Arts endorsed in Social Anthropology
- IELTS score of 6.5 (no band less than 6.0)
- TOEFL iBT score of 90 overall (min 20 in Writing)
- PTE Academic score of 58 Overall (min 50 in communicative skills)
- Cambridge English score of 180
Immerse yourself in another world
With Massey’s Postgraduate Diploma in Arts (Social Anthropology) you’ll develop your interests from your undergraduate degree.
What is it Like?
The Massey PGDipArts (Social Anthropology) gives you a different perspective on world affairs. Studying social anthropology develops your understanding of other cultures and ethnic groups, and shows you how your way of life is just one of many possible ways of being human. You’ll learn to challenge your existing beliefs and put yourself in others’ shoes.
Follow your passion
Take an issue in social anthropology that grabbed your attention as an undergraduate student and develop it fully through independent study.
Get into the field
Discover how anthropologists study cultural differences through fieldwork that examines societies across the globe, from hunter-gatherers to industrial nation-states. Massey staff and students are researching in Asia, the Pacific, Europe, Africa and New Zealand, and you could join them.
The knowledge of human behaviour and interactions you’ll gain from a Postgraduate Diploma in Arts (Social Anthropology) will be useful in almost any career path, anywhere in the world. Popular career destinations for social anthropology graduates include:
You will complete 120 credits of 700 level courses.
All courses are 30 credits each unless otherwise indicated.
The Postgraduate Diploma in Arts may be awarded with Distinction or Merit if study is completed to a superior/high standard, and where all requirements have been completed within one year for full-time study.
You will have completed one of the following:
English language requirements: